* Depending on the animal´s breed, size and requiriments, they can travel as a carry-on, be checked or transported with Aerolíneas Argentinas Cargo.
* In Argentina, individuals can carry out the export formalities when leaving the country by submitting consular documentation; otherwise they must start an export procedure with a custom broker and a shipping permit.
* Depending on your travel destination, there are special restrictions which may apply to you traveling with a pet.
* SENASA is the agency in charge of issuing Health certificates for all dogs and cats that are moving abroad. Please visit SENASA Web Site: www.senasa.gov.ar
* For further information and enquires, please contact us at email@example.com or any sales office.
BOOK FOR LIVE ANIMALS SHIPPING
* Please contact reservations at 0-810-222-volar(86527) or firstname.lastname@example.org in advance so we can notify you of any requiriments that may affect you and your pet.
* Aerolíneas Argentinas Cargo offers global live animals transportation.
* Station fees, clearance fees and veterinary services fees and/or kennels storage costs are NOT included in shipping fees (Which can only be paid at the point of origin) And will be charged to shipper and/or recipient, as appropriate.
* All fees and charges must be paid off prior to release.
* You will be requested to fill some documentation out when you deliver your live animals to the company.
* When you sign these documents you provide written certification that animals have been fed and offered water within 4 hours before you deliver them to the company.
* You will also need to provide feeding and watering instructions for a 24-hour period. If your pet is medicated, you will need to give one of our agents the name of the medication, the amount and date and the animal took it.
* If the animals need to be feed in route, you should provide their food.
KENNELS AND OTHER CONTAINERS FOR SHIPMENT OF LIVE ANIMALS
* All kennels must meet the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Live Animal Regulation.
* You can use your own kennel or buy one at any pet shop.
* If you are shipping an animal other than a dog or cat, please ask our representatives in order to know the requirements for containers to send / animal / s.
* kennels with plastic doors are strictly prohibited for international shipments, and to large animals on any air route.
* The kennels should be large enough to allow the animals to stand up and sit upright without touching the top of the cage any part of your head, including the ears.
* Animals should be able to turn around and lie down in a natural position.
KENNELS AND OTHER CONTAINERS FOR THE SHIPMENT OF LIVE ANIMALS
* The kennel must be of rigid construction with solid top and ventilation openings on at least three sides. For international travel, the regulations require the kennel have ventilation openings on all four sides. kennels without doors or ventilation openings at the top are not allowed.
* The cage door must be made of metal. The plastic or fiberglass, including plastic closures sides are forbidden for international transfers because they lack enough to protect animals during normal driving force.
* All parts (nuts, bolts, rivets, fasteners, clamps, locking mechanisms, etc.) must be safe and in good condition. A metal nut and bolt must ensure each hole in the kennel.
* The regulations require that the wheels (In case that have any) can be blocked or disabled. And if the same can not be blocked or disabled, they must be removed to prevent the kennel from being moved during transport.
* The kennel should be large enough to allow your dog or cat can stand and sit up, turn around, and lie in a natural position. It is forbidden the use of kennels to prevent the animal to turn around.
* The head of the cat or dog (including ears) should not touch the top of the kennel while you are sitting or standing inside.
Kennels prohibited / restricted
* kennels made of entirely of welded mesh, wire, wicker, cardboard or folded materials are strictly prohibited, as they do not fulfill the minimum safety standards.
* kennels with double doors opening are not allowed (for example, an upper and a side).
* they are prohibited kennels with plastic front doors and / or side locks plastics grip the top and bottom halves together without metal parts.
* removable or folding kennels are prohibited because of the risk of collapse during transport.
* The kennel must contain absorbent material or bed linen. Towels, blankets and pieces of shredded paper are good choices. We recommend using black and white and not color newspapers because the ink used in the printed colored paper can be toxic to animals.
Dish, Food and Water (rules for international transfers)
* The kennel must have two empty dishes (one for food and one for water) secured safely inside the cage, but accessible from outside without opening the door.
* a plate in one piece divided into two separate compartments is permitted.
* water bottles are permitted provided they are securely fastened to the outside of the kennel and can be refillable without opening the door. A separate plate is also required for the food as described above.
Minimum age requirements of the animal
Dogs and cats less than 8 weeks of age can not be transported . After eight weeks old they must be transported one animal per kennel. Even though it is recommended that a veterinarian extend a certificate for those animals that are less than 12 weeks indicating that the / the animals are ok to be transported.
Animals must be fully weaned and be able to feed by themselves and be strong enough and old enough to travel safely.
Shipment of females in heat are prohibited.
Lactating females with calves and unweaned animals will not be accepted for transportation by air.
The transport of pregnant females will be allowed only in cases where the certificates issued by a veterinarian where it is a record that no female offspring will occur during the flight.
The following breeds of dogs and cats have been identified by Aerolineas Argentinas as races snub nose, although not a complete and exhaustive list of all races, including hybrid races, shown here in order to provide examples of the type of races
To transport these races will not be accepted if the temperature in any part of your trip is higher than 19 ° C.
American Staffordshire Terrier
American Pit Bull Terrier
Toy Spaniel Inglés
Mastiff (all races)
Staffordshire Bull Terrier
Examples of snub-nosed cats:
Wild Birds (exotic)
The birds will not be transported unless:
The sender, or the dispatching agent certifies in writing on letterhead of the sender (which must accompany the air waybill) that the birds being shipped were born or raised in captivity in special farms, or birds are transported for reproduction purposes to or from a zoo, wildlife reserve .
Animals accepted for transport
Aerolineas accepts different species of live animals for transportation, please contact us at
GUIDE TO TEMPERATURES FOR TRANSPORT OF LIVE ANIMALS
27 ° C Maximum temperature for transport except snub-nosed dogs (Maximum 19 ° C)
10 ° C Low Temperature for transport (including flat nose)
7 ° C Low Temperature for transport .
24 ° C Maximum temperature for transportation.
To send any other living animal not included above (Dogs and Cats) Please contact us by phone or email us to:
MIND TO CONSIDER
* only nonstop or direct flights should be used.
* In cold climates, choose flights at noon when temperatures tend to be warmer. When the weather is warm, or choose early in the morning or evening flights, which avoid the worst heat of the day.
* The staff of Aerolineas Argentinas determine if temperatures are within acceptable limits at the time of acceptance at the airport.
* Please remember that if Aerolineas determines that temperatures are not suitable for transporting the animal, is for the safety and health of your pet.
* Aerolineas Argentinas can not guarantee the acceptance of any animal before it is accepted by the airport staff.
* Important considerations for acceptance include the climatic conditions of the route, the health and disposition of the animal.
* Aerolineas Argentinas will not accept animals that are violent, are ill, in physical danger or animals with horns.
* they are prohibited choke collars and muzzles of all kinds that they hold tightly closed jaw.
* Radio - controlled necklaces and Bark control collars are prohibited and must be removed before the acceptance at the airport. Electronic devices aboard the aircraft may be unwillingly activated during the flight.
* All shipments of warm-blooded animals must be collected within two hours after the arrival, or before closing time of Aerolineas Argentinas facilities (whichever comes first).
* Animals not claimed within these periods will be sent to our vet or a local service provider for appropriate care. The sender and recipient are jointly responsible for all veterinarians and care expenses incurred by Aerolineas Argentinas.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS TO BOOK
* For shipments of live animals to international destinations you need to have the reservation in advance before your arrival to our facilities.
* We accept pets with international reserves of at least three days before the flight departure and fourteen days maximum before flight departure.
* To make a shipment please contact us through the following address: email@example.com
* Some requirements for shipments to several countries are:
Health certificates, licenses, permits, vaccinations and microchips may be required. Shippers should contact the nearest office, General consulate or embassy of each country on the itinerary of the planned trip, for restrictions to existing import / export documentation requirements.
MIND TO CONSIDER
* The routine sedation or tranquilizers application in most animals, the effects of the drug at high altitudes are unpredictable and can cause serious illness. Contact your veterinarian for more information.
* Travelling with a full stomach can be uncomfortable for most animals. Provide only a light meal and a small amount of water a couple of hours prior to acceptance at the airport.
* Do not forget to bring documents, including health certificates, import licenses, etc. (if applicable) as may be required by government authorities at their final destination.
* Check the time / temperature before leaving for the airport, analyzing few ° C are forecasted as maximum temperature for the day of the flight that the animal will be accepted for transportation, check the temperatures for all cities on the route so we can fulfill the guidelines required temperature of Aerolineas Argentinas.
* Repeat the process to ensure that the arrival time of the flight and the output of each city on the itinerary of the animal is in an acceptable temperature range.
* If the temperature forecasted in one or more cities, does not fulfill the guidelines of Aerolineas Argentinas, please contact us for assistance in rebooking your shipment.
TIPS FOR TRANSFER
* Careful planning is essential to ensure a safe and comfortable journey for your pet or other living animal.
BEFORE LEAVING FOR AIRPORT
* Check the temperature in the hometown of the connection, and the cities of destination through Internet http://cargo.aerolineas.com.ar/es-AR/informacion/hora_y_clima before leaving for the airport *
*bring extra copies of the original documents required for shipment with you at the time of acceptance at the airport.
* Give your pet or other warm-blooded animal only a light meal and a little water, not less than two (2) hours before departure. Complete information label live animals and attach it to the top of the kennel.
* Plan to arrive at the airport in time to apply for shipping (NOTE: The animals must be inspected and accepted in our booking system 2½ hours before of departure.
* Complete the form you will be requested at the time of dispatch: http://cargo.aerolineas.com.ar/Files/Certificado AVIH.pdf